Thursday, July 23, 2009

Challenging Yourself as a Writer

Have you ever challenged yourself to write as much as possible in one day? I’ve done this a few times now, and I can honestly say it is invigorating to realize how much you can accomplish! Each time I do it, my quantity increases. Ah, but what about quality, you ask.

I will tell you that I am much more prone to typos when I’m wildly producing quantity. And my eyes certainly don’t proofread as well. Toward the end of the day, I begin to gloss over many of the words, so I end up reading my articles out loud. Adding the voice helps, but I will admit that fatigue is harder to overcome.

Still, I like to do this from time to time. It gives me strength as I try to beat my latest record. It gives me resolve as I force myself to keep going, and it gives me hope because even though I’m tired, the words still seem to flow.