Monday, May 18, 2009

Crediting Your Source of Inspiration

It’s time to figure out where all of your inspiration comes from my friend. That’s right! Let’s face it. You could never do it alone. None of us can. We were created to be social beings, thus the need to express yourself and share your writing with those who will listen to your message.

Personally, I track all my inspiration back to my one and only Superpower. It comes to me from different sources, but I know in my heart that all of them lead back to Him.

This next tip is important. Without it, you are just another writer babbling in the universe. It relates to every tip I share with you in some way, shape, or form. You see, your inspiration might well come from watching the ocean waves crash on the shore, or it could be a whisper that you didn’t know you heard.

Trace it back, my friend. Find the source, and then discover the source of the source. Keep going until you reach the very foundation of every idea that managed to make its way to your heart, and flow out of the essence of your very being in words to help and heal others.

Now, give thanks! Don’t ever forget to give thanks! This talent of yours is a great gift, and it deserves to be appreciated! Recognizing that you are not the true source of this talent, and giving credit where credit is due, will enhance your ability to continue on this journey, as a faithful writer making a difference in the world.